Saturday, May 1, 2010

I Miss My Mom



It's nearly Mother's Day, and all I can think about is my mom. The pain is still fresh. Because she was taken from us so suddenly. so unexpectedly. I hate that Anabelle has to grow up without her Grammy. There are still days that I reach for the phone, wanting to tell my mom something. And then I realized I can't. It's tough. I would have never expected that last year would be our last Mother's Day together.

I still remember how excited my mom was to come visit Anabelle and I. My dad said that she shopped for a month before they came. And they stayed with us for a month. In my tiny apartment, we all just enjoyed each other's company. When I'd go to work, my parents would watch Anabelle. They did everything together!

My mom bought Anabelle a little apron. And they'd sit there cooking for hours. Anabelle laughing at the goofy faces my mom would make. My mom soaking up every second of being Anabelle's grammy.

This year, I feel so empty going into May. I just pray that God gives me the strength to get through this month. To be able to make it through Mother's Day. If not for me, for my mom and Anabelle. I want my baby girl to have good memories of us together. To remember that Mother's Day is to celebrate. Not to cry. It just seems like yesterday, we were all safe in my little apartment... <3

No comments:

Post a Comment